Common industrial goals to reach by implementing the proposed technologies are:
- 60% reduction in process time, to enhance production throughput and cut down costs;
- 15-20% cost reduction, to increase competitiveness on the market;
- 50% energy reduction, to improve sustainable production and reduce energy related costs;
- achieve new microstructures not accessible by conventional technology;
- improved technical performance of the newly produced materials (“sustaining” innovation);
- open new markets by lowering price of CMC products, displacing conventional materials from their traditional fields of application and enabling new products to enter (“disruptive” innovation).